The Roberts Convention Centre is currently seeking a Banquet Culinarian to join our culinary team! This position requires individuals committed to creating a quality product and providing an exceptional guest experience. Candidates must have flexible availability evenings, weekends, and holidays. NEW starting wage of $15.00 per hour!
- Butchering of meat and seafood needed for banquets, weddings or parties.
- Broil and grill all meats on the menu when ordered.
- Prepare sauces and accompanying garnishes for all broiled and grilled menu items.
- Cleans and sanitizes the kitchen.
- Assists in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Maintains the walk-in coolers for organization and freshness.
- Adheres to state and local health and safety regulations.
- Maintains the highest sanitary standards.
- Maintains safety and security in work station.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, and stands as a mentor to other cooks and stewards.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work-exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and /or 80 pounds of force frequently.
- Constantly lift, carry, bend, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for long hours at the time.
- Convey information and ideas clearly.
- Maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Listen to, understand and clarify concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to properly prepare and follow recipes.
- Demonstrated excellence in portion and presentation standards.
- Relevant culinary skills
- ServSafe Certified.
- 2-3 years experience in an upscale banquet kitchen.
- High School Diploma.
- Culinary school preferred.
The Roberts Convention Centre is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.