On Call Banquet Server
The Roberts Conference Centre is currently seeking an On Call Banquet Server to join our team!
Banquet servers will assist in providing exceptional experiences for our banquet guests. Prepare tables, buffets, and service carts. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation. Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service area. Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plateware, glassware, and flatware.
- Set up equipment and items in a timely fashion needed to carry out a successful catered meal.
- Setting up a buffet or food station, setting dining tables, preparing for food and beverage service.
- Executes meal service in a prompt and courteous fashion while maintaining a high level of quality and consistency.
- Clean up equipment and items used during service and return to storage to be used for next event.
- Anticipate and beware of guest needs before and during event in order to provide high-quality service.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift.
- Ability to squat, reach, and lift.
- Ability to carry up to 30 pound service trays.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position
- Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Associate must talk and hear
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to carry full banquet service trays for extended period of time.
- Understand proper room and table sets.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Professional communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- At least one year of experience in catering or fine dining serving.
The Holiday Inn at Roberts Conference Centre is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.